15. Allen, T.A., Salz, D.M., McKenzie, S.A. & Fortin, N.J. (2016) Non-spatial sequence coding in CA1 neurons. The Journal of Neuroscience, 36(5), 1547-1563. Link
*Featured in This Week in the Journal with an article titled “Hippocampal neurons encode temporal sequences” Link
14. Allen, T.A., Morris, A., & Fortin, N.J., & Stark, C.E.L. (2015). Memory for sequences of events impaired in typical aging. Learning & Memory, 22, 138-148. Link
*Cover art feature of the April 2015 issue of Learning & Memory Link
13. Allen, T.A., Morris, A.M., Mattfeld, A.T., Stark, C.E.L., & Fortin, N.J. (2014). A sequence of events model of episodic memory shows parallels in rats and humans. Hippocampus 24(10): 1178-1188. Link
12. Jacobs, N.S., Allen, T.A., Nguyen, N., & Fortin, N.J. (2013). Critical role of the hippocampus in memory for elapsed time. The Journal of Neuroscience, 33(34), 13888-13893. Link
*Featured in Scientific American article titled “Your brain has two clocks” Link
11. Allen, T.A. & Fortin, N.J. (2013). The evolution of episodic memory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 110 (Suppl 2), 10379-10386. Link
10. Allen, T.A. & Fortin, N.J. (2013). Reply to Rattenborg and Martinez-Gonzalez: Fundamental and divergent aspects of the neurobiology of episodic memory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 110(40), E3742. Link
9. Feinberg, L.M., Allen, T.A., Ly, D. & Fortin, N.J. (2012). Recognition memory for social and non-social odors: Differential effects of neurotoxic lesions to the hippocampus and perirhinal cortex. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 97(1), 7 -16. Link
8. Law, L.M., Gardner, R.D., Allen, T.A. & Lee, D.W. (2010). Species-specific injury-induced cell proliferation in the hippocampus and subventricular zone of food-storing and non-storing wild birds. Developmental Neurobiology, 70(1). Link
7. Allen, T.A., Narayanan, N.S., Kholodar-Smith, D.B., Zhao, Y., Laubach, M. & Brown, T.H. (2008). Imaging the spread of reversible brain inactivations using fluorescent muscimol. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 171(1), 30 – 38. Link
*Top Most Cited Articles by the Journal of Neuroscience Methods for five year period from 2008-2013.
6. Kholodar-Smith, D.B. Allen, T.A. & Brown, T.H. (2008). Fear conditioning to discontinuous auditory cues requires perirhinal cortical function. Behavioral Neuroscience, 122(5), 1178-1185.
5. Bang, S.J., Allen, T.A., Jones, L.K., Boguszewski, P. & Brown, T.H. (2008). Asymmetrical stimulus generalization following differential fear conditioning. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 90(1), 200 – 216. Link
4. Furtak, S.C., Allen, T.A. & Brown, T.H. (2007). Single-unit firing in rat perirhinal cortex caused by fear conditioning to arbitrary and ethological stimuli. The Journal of Neuroscience, 27(45), 12277-12291. Link
3. Allen, T.A., Furtak, S.C. & Brown, T.H. (2007). Single-unit responses to 22 kHz ultrasonic vocalizations in rat perirhinal cortex. Behavioral Brain Research, 182, 327 – 336. Link
2. Peterson, R.S., Fernando, G., Day, L., Allen, T.A., Chapleau, J.D., Menjivar, J., Schlinger, B.A. & Lee, D.W. (2007). Aromatase expression and cell proliferation following injury of the adult zebra finch hippocampus. Developmental Neurobiology, 67(14), 1867 – 1878. Link
1. Lee, D.W., Fernando, G., Peterson, R.S., Allen, T.A. & Schlinger, B.A. (2007). Estrogen mediation of injury-induced cell birth in neuroproliferative regions of the adult zebra finch brain. Developmental Neurobiology, 67(8), 1107 – 1117. Link
1. Allen, T.A., McNaughton, B., Su, M., Allen, L.M. (Serial No. 15/387,843, Filed 12/22/2016; Notice of Allowance 03/03/2017). Stereotaxic device for implantation of permanent implants into the rodent brain. Link
*Also known as the NeuroCap System. This system replaces the traditional U-framed stereotaxic and manipulator setups with a small 3D-printable stencil and mount fitted to the skull, and aligned in 3D brain coordinates with bregma and lambda. The system is fast, reliable, precise, and stable over weeks. All brain placements are targeted in a CAD environment for maximum accuracy.
Complete List of Published Work in MyBibliography (NCBI)
See our Collaborators Page